Health Insurance Rebates
People are often surprised to hear that rebates are available on TENS through Private Health Insurance Cover.
There are a few caveats around that though – all Private Health Insurance companies are different, some have unique requirements when claiming and also individuals tend to have different levels of cover depending on their personal circumstances. Please check in with your insurer so you understand their requirements for a smooth claims process.
What will my rebate be?
Firstly, please check with your insurer to avoid disappointment.
To give you an idea of rebates here are some examples which were correct at time of publishing, again please check directly with your insurer for up to date rates and verify your level of cover and their requirements such as a doctors letter etc.
- Australian Country Health - Select Ancillary $150
- BUPA – up to 70% top cover * please refer to BUPA specific information
- Defence Health - Top Extras $250 every 3 years
- HCF - Multi Cover Extras $170
- MBF - Extra Cover $130
- Medibank Private - Advantage Plus / Premium Plus / Smart Plus / Healthy Plus 100% depending on unclaimed bonus points
- NIB - Quality Extras / Gold Cover $195
- NSW Teachers - Top Extras $160
- NRMA - Top Cover Extras $200
- Police Health Fund - Extras Cover 80% or $150
- QLD Teachers Union Health - Ultimate Choice / Easy Choice / Ancillary 85%
- QLD Country Health - Private Hospital 85%
- St Lukes Tasmania - Select Plus Extra 80% or $200
- West Fund - Platinum $200
- West Fund - Silver Extra $150
So how do you get the right information?
The best place to find out what rebate you might be entitled to is through your own insurer. Be aware that the person answering the phone may not know what a TENS is but they will be familiar with Health Aids or Appliances which is sometimes what TENS is categorized as.
What other supporting information might my insurer ask for?
When claiming your rebate, your insurer may ask for a letter of support from your doctor,If you are a BUPA customer, they will require a provider number from the retailer. We are a BUPA Recognised provider and can provide a compliant receipt for your purchase*