We are really proud to have one of Australia’s greatest professional rugby league footballer Trent Merrin supporting our TENS products. Trent’s experience is a great example of the benefit of TENS to support his recovery from injuries.
We are super excited to announce Panthers own Trent Merrin as an ambassador for our Smart TENS machine. Trent loves the Smart TENS and has been using the it for a while now as he mentioned on his post. It is a great form of natural pain relief. TENS can be used for rehabilitation and provides pain relief for sprains and injuries all over the body. TENS is recognised as a safe and highly effective method of pain relief and is regularly recommended by medical professionals. Being a drug free alternative it is great for people concerned or restricted with use of medications.
What conditions can be treated with TENS? Many painful conditions (and some non-painful conditions) can be treated with TENS. As with all other forms of therapy, it is essential to have the cause of your pain diagnosed by your medical adviser beforehand. Pain can be a warning sign, to alert us that something may be wrong. Some types of chronic pain may result in continuous discomfort, depression, restriction in our movements and general functioning. Acute pain is usually more severe and of shorter duration, e.g childbirth, trauma or surgery. Acute and chronic pain can be treated with TENS and some of the more common below:
- Acute sprains/strains e.g sports and occupational injuries
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Osteoarthritis of one or several joints
- Ankylosing spondylosis
- Neck pain, cervical spondylosis, whiplash injuries
- Low back pain resulting from strains, prolapsed disc, spondylitis,
- Referred pains such as sciatica
- Fibrositis/myofascial pain syndromes
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Peripheral nerve injuries and neuropathy of various causes
- Phantom limb pain
- Post herpetic (shingles) neuralgia
- Post operative neuralgia and scar tissue pain
- Pain in cancer and the terminally ill
- Labour pain
- Nausea and vomiting
How do I use the Smart TENS?
Tip: Remember if you have private health insurance you may be eligible for a rebate on all TENS devices, check with your provider today.